VENKON provides services of designing rotomoulding tools. Having many years of experience and modern software we are able to design products that meet the highest expectations of our customers. We design tools and optimize products to improve their durability and life expectancy. We can also help with obtaining certificates, e.g. technical approvals, CE or TÜV.
Thanks to our know-how and modern machines we are able to offer the comprehensive list of services, i.e. designing, production, assembly and delivery of the final product directly to a client. Our modern machine that can constantly measure the temperature inside a mould (CheckPoint) allows us to optimize production and improve the quality of products.
With our experience we can be involved in the each stage of a project that guarantee confidentiality and control over its realization. In this way resources can be used rationally and a product may be implemented quickly.
Technology of Rotational Moulding
Rotational moulding, called also rotomoulding, is a process of making plastic hollow parts.
In rotomoulding a steel or aluminium tool (mould), which consist of two or more parts, is put into an oven. The tool is filled with plastic granules or powder that melts and changes into liquid that sticks to the internal walls of the mould. It constantly and slowly rotates around two perpendicular axes. Those rotations are continued in the next phase of a process, i.e. a cooling phase, so deformation and sagging of a product is avoided.
Rotational moulding finds a wide range of applications in many branches of industry, e.g. agricultural, machinery, leisure, food and chemical industries.
Rotationally moulded products are recyclable, because polyethylene the most common material used in this process, can be reground and reused.
The advantages of rotomoulding process:
- relatively low production cost
- rotomoulding tools are cheaper than tools used in other plastic-processing technologies
- rotomoulded products are stress-free
- possibility of making multi-layered products
- possibility of making a few products in one production cycle
- possibility of making very big products
- possibility of making products in many different colours
- tanks: diesel and heating oil storage tanks, AdBlue storage tanks, chemical tanks
- underground tanks: waste-water treatment plants, septic tanks, pumping stations
- underground inspection, manhole and cable chambers
- recycling containers
- grit bins
- food storage containers
- garden furniture, plant pots, etc.
- road barriers
- and many others
VENKON designs and manufactures steel tools that can be used for making rotationally moulded products. VENKON can provide the following services:
- optimisation of a product
- improve a design to make it suitable for rotomoulding process
- advise and help to choose the position of parting (split) lines
- precise manufacturing
- designing features that can speed up a manufacturing process, e.g. demoulding of a product from a tool
- high, repeatable quality
- manufacturing of segment tools that can be used to make series of products of different sizes
- professional pre- and after-sales service
Animation shows in a simplified way the process of rotational moulding.
The first step of the process is the filling of a mould (not shown), next the mould starts to rotate around two axes and is put intoan oven. There it stays and rotates for about 20 minutes. In this time melting polyethylene powder sticks to the hot walls of the mould. This is continued until the whole powder is melted.
In the second step (cooling), the oven is opened and the mould with a product passes to a cooling area. At the same time the second mould is moved into the oven from another side of the rotomoulding machine. After finishing the cooling step the mould is opened (not shown) and finished products are pulled out of it. And then the whole cycle is repeated from the beginning.